Thursday, July 29, 2010

Question about talking to my teenage son about sex, advice on how to best make sure he understands?

I am the mother of a (typical I guess, *sigh*) 16 year old son. I had my suspicions that he had been sexually active for some time (mostly after I found long strands of hair in his bed after I'd come home from a business trip). I tried to talk to him about sex, protection and responsibility as early as I could, but I think he was too young to understand. Well, yesterday I found condoms that he hid in his dresser. So I decided to sit him down and really have a real take with him, but of course, he wanted nothing of it. He did admit to being sexually active and said he has been with about 10 girls so far! I asked him if he used condoms every time and he said yes whenever the girl says she isn't on the pill. This really concerned me because he seemed totally oblivous to the possibilities of STD's, or if the girl isn't taking the pill properly.Question about talking to my teenage son about sex, advice on how to best make sure he understands?
who cares if youre being hypocritical? its not about you anymore. its about being a parent to your son and giving him the best advice possible. why some parents think that once a kid learns to talk and not drink laundry bleach is all you need to say ever again...i dont understand. communicating and knowing what your child/young adult is doing is essential. my kids know im all about knowing their business. it's my job. they know it's my job and i wouldnt be a good mother if i didnt pry, lecture and be concerned and make rules. some kids who act out...are crying for rules, really. believe it. no time like the present to reestablish rules. good luck to you and your son.Question about talking to my teenage son about sex, advice on how to best make sure he understands?
well im 16 too but very religious and the way i understood the seriousness of stds was when my mom showed me pics of people with stds and took me to diz hospital to see ppl wit stds and most of dem where my age!!! and dey descrbe how painful everything is and i saw 1st hand how much they are suffering i jus got so disgusted i also saw pregnant girls about 11 and 13 and im friends wit one now and shes struggling to take care of it. so u might want ur son taking care of a baby for a week or a onth and taking him to see 1st hand the consecuenses of unprotected sex.


hope diz helps.
hate to sound like an *** here but I think it would sound better coming from his father or if his father isn't around some other adult male he looks up to, I think it'd be very uncomfortable for him if you're the one telling him








then have that person say exactly what you just talked about

No comments:

Post a Comment