Thursday, July 29, 2010

Need advice from parents of teenage girls:?

My 12 year old has a friend ';Jessica'; who has been around for the last several months. They hang out at either our house or hers and have spent the night together many times. We take her when going to the pool or Kings Island. She is a very nice girl and they are good friends.





I didn't realize anyone else was awake this morning and walked in the bathroom. ';Jessica'; was sitting down doing her business when I walked in on her; it turns out ';Jessica'; has a penis.





All I did was say sorry and walk out so not a big deal there but I knew what I saw. A couple minutes later she came up to me and asked me not to tell anyone that ';she has both';. I didn't get into much more detail but she is a girl (with boobs, periods and all that) and also has a penis.





I don't plan on telling my daughter or anything and I don't have a problem if they hang out. But my question is should I stop them staying the night in the same room? We have let guys stay over before; just in separate rooms. Should we require this or just keep everything the same as long as we don't see anything inappropriate happening? If we do separate the rooms what reason should we give? Should I bring up the subject with her parents and see how they are treating everything with ';Jessica's'; other friends?





FYI: She is to all appearances a young woman in actions and body (that you can see under normal conditions). Her swim suits are the two piece ones with shorts for bottoms so I couldn't tell.





I have also fixed the lock on the bathroom door; I didn't realize it was broke.Need advice from parents of teenage girls:?
From all appearances, she is wanting to be a female, so let her be a female with all the rights that other females have in your home.





To make her stay in another room, would be to ';out'; that she has something different than the other girls.





You sound compassionate, loving, and understanding, so it is your nature to be as healing and caring as possible. She has chosen her female side...





Respect that...Need advice from parents of teenage girls:?
I LOVE Kings Island! Where do you live?





Let her/him be what they want, they're 12. Maybe you could talk to her/his parents?





Please vote on my suggestion:


http://suggestions.yahoo.com/detail/?pro…
maybe you were too tired, and saw the wrong thing, maybe she still is a girl, but you werent fully awake lol. this story sounds a bit weird
I'm not a parent sorry.





But, i am 16 and i do know the feeling of being uncomfortable around the parents of friends. Making and changes could ruin her friendship with your daughter and could make her feel very self-conscious. i highly doubt that anything is going on between Jessica and your daughter. Jessica is extremely embarrassed im sure, so the best thing to do is to not mention anything to anybody (except your wife) and allow their friendship to go on as unchanged.
Wow.


I'm defiantly NOT a parent but,


I thought i might be able 2 help..


I think you defiantly shouldn't talk to the parents because they might get the wrong idea (You have been doing things with her) and then they might not let Jessica play with daughter and she will be questioning you ect ect.


And i think yea you should still let them sleep in the same bed together because Jessica might get the feeling you've told you daughter and we will have big dilemma's including her parents.





So just treat her the same way, but do respect her problem and think when you're going to do certain actions that she may not be able to do.





I really hope this helped you!


Courtney xx
It sounds like she isn't gay, it sounds to me like she is a hermaphrodite but prefers her girl-gender role (or that her girl-gender role is more dominant than her male-gender role). Also, take into consideration that she is probably the same-age as your daughter and that puberty is still a few years away for her to be deciding her sexual orientation, so if you are worried about that then i wouldn't worry about it just yet.





But she sounds like a very nice girl and that you should respect her wishes not to tell anyone about her two parts, even to her parents (which I know they already know about this). Unless further action is needed, just pretend it never even happened, don't even tell her parents.
She has asked you to respect her and not tell anyone else so she isn't made fun of etc.





Don't make her sleep in another room, she has chosen to be a female so making her sleep in another room from your daughter is like showing everyone she is different.





Hope I helped!
that is the weirdest thing i have even heard! no offense to her but i didn't know that could happen...i don't understand how you can have a penis but still have your period?
omg what???!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment