Thursday, July 29, 2010

Any advice for an idealistic teenage guy with a silly crush?

Ok, I'm a 17 yr. old guy and I like a girl. I just have this pet peeve that requires that I know that a girl is interested in me before I waste my limited reserves of extrovertism in pursuing her. I think this girl is at least a little interested in me becasue she has, since the beginning of the year, greeted me everytime we occupy the same room or pass closely in the halls. And she looks at me a lot. She's also very nice to me. Too nice. I wish there was some way to know if she's turned on, so I could pursue her like a man, and without regrets. Then again, I realize I am probably not giving off any signals myself, since I'm kind of quiet and tend to subconciously hide my feelings. I just don't want to cue her in that I'm interested unless I know she's having the same kind of feelings I am. How beautiful that would be. And anything less seems unexceptable. Am I right in my ideas? Or am I, a good-looking guy that has never dated any of his crushes, too idealistic for my own good?Any advice for an idealistic teenage guy with a silly crush?
-smiles-.....You are so smart, idealistic indeed, and thats not such a bad thing especially for someone your age...Its alright to feel as if you dont want to waste your time on something that will prove to be a let down... but you also have to think about the fact that allowing yourself to be so sheltered and careful thinking every little thing through.. that you might be missing out on risks that need to be taken... You are young enough still to be able to do risky things.. without fear of others looking at you like you are a compleat idiot , trust me when I say that happens when you are older..


Good luck...


And I would advise... asking her out?...that really doesn't take all that much effort to go out to dinner ...right?Any advice for an idealistic teenage guy with a silly crush?
If you really want to find a relationship that makes you feel good, that makes you happy, you can't approach her as 'extrovert man', if that's not who you really are most of the time.





If she likes 'extrovert man', it will all fall apart pretty quickly, when you eventually run out of that energy %26amp; show her who you really are.





If she likes you, as you really are, approaching her as 'extrovert man' is going to turn her off.





Don't play games. Be who you are, so that you can have relationships that leave you feeling comfortable and that are real for everyone involved.
Dude, I respect your ideals, but I can tell you as a girl, she's probably not gonna make the first move. She probably dosen't want to go to far out making it look like she likes you for the same reason you won't, so it won't look to obvious. But if your both acting that way, then you'll never get together, see? So, it boils down to either you taking the innitiative, or you two probably not getting together. I know it's scary, and yes, she might turn you down, but it's what your going to have to do to get the girl. Plus, if you really are attractive and have never dated, it probably only adds to your mystic that will make someone thrilled to be the first girl thats actually captured your attention enought to go out with!
You have to put yourself out there. You have to give to get. You seriously can't expect to find out if you and this girl should become more than acquaintances if all you do is return the greetings or stare back. Most females likes a guy who makes the first move. She gives several opportunities. How you use them is up to you. Don't sell yourself short. Go for what you want.
Don't F*** around just ask her. be yourself and build up courage to ask her how she feels. I am the same way and the only way without stalking her is to just ask.
You've got to take some chances in life, or you'll miss out on a lot. Sure, when you take chances, things sometimes go wrong and you get upset, but if you just stay curled up in a little mental ball because you're afraid things might go wrong, nothing will work out the way you hope because nothing much at all will happen. Then all you have to look back on are ';what if';s. Psychological research has shown (though I forget all the details) that most people's big regrets aren't the things they did, it's the things they didn't do.





Plus, it's possible that if she knows or suspects you have a crush on her, she'll start thinking about you more and start feeling that way back, even if she didn't to begin with.
I agree that it makes sense to try to figure out if a girl is interested in you before asking her out. Knowing whether someone is interested in you is not that hard unless you are naturally inept at that sort of thing - good signs would be if she laughs at your jokes, smiles, playfights, plays with her hair, etc...Just don't get too intense when you approach her - see if you can just have fun with her without having an outcome in mind if you can't then it probably wouldn't go anywhere anyway
Men are leaders and woman are followers.


Demonstrate your interests first, and they will MORE likely follow. When you do NOT do this, you are sending MIXED signals to the girl. She in turn gets confused and writes Yahoo Answers whether this guy really likes her. The end result is LOTS of emotional angst and energy is wasted...





As for you limited reserves of extrovertism....well build a bigger resevoir and fill it to the top. Part of being a leader is taking the lead. Part of being a guy is taking the risk of rejection. If they say no, then say ';perhaps another time'; and FEEL GOOD knowing you took a shot at your female interest... Do this and you will have NO regrets....you will instead have lots of wonderful memories. Trust me...I'm much older than you and I have lots of regrets in my life. Don't be like me...

No comments:

Post a Comment