Saturday, July 31, 2010

I need advice for my rough teenage years.?

Im 17, and i live with my grandparents. My mom died w/ breast cancer when i was 14 and she had it for four years. I've always been an A honor-roll student. and im now in national honor society. Grandparents and I constantly argue about the curfew being changed. its 12 on fri. and sat. but 10 on weekdays. and its summer. i've never been to a party and i've never smoked anything. i have big plans for my future. But i want to just live a little now while i hav tha chance to. How can i get them to change it. They wont listen to me at all.I need advice for my rough teenage years.?
So sorry to hear about your loss, you have my sympathy. I think this will be fairly easy for you to persuade them. Being that your an A student and in the national honor society, you're obviously hard-working and responsible. It seems that you've made all the right decisions so far. Use those facts as your talking points when you ask them about the curfew. Also, timing is important as well. Pick a time when they're calm and relaxed to ask again. You can also offer to check in with them throughout the time that you're out so that will ease some of their worries. Good luck and keep up the great work! It will get you far later on in life.I need advice for my rough teenage years.?
For starters I am so sorry about your mom :( Anyways have you tried telling your grandparents what you just told us? If you haven't then try telling them I mean honestly it's not that hard to understand and if you have well then keep stressing it until they break and tell them that you are leaving after you graduate and all you want is to live a little. Good Luck
when i was your age i had no bounderies. i lived alone and did what i wanted. i got heavy into drugs and slept around. couldn't hold a job and was always on the streets. is that what you would prefer? i say be thankful you are being sheltered. do what they say and show them that you are grateful. i'm sorry you don't have your mum but you are very lucky you still have people who take care of you.
Just respect them and their wishes they are just looking out for you and are not use to teenagers and probably have n o clue what there is for you to do. Communicate with them build and keep trust and you will be fine! Sounds like you are very Intelligent. Good Luck!
Uh, that's better than I ever had. Be thankful for what you have - and that you have grandparents who care so much about you. If you REALLY need to be out later, just show them you are responsible. Talk adult to adult.
well smoking something isnt going to get you a great life, why would you wanna subject yourself to dangerous situations
Get a job and be very responsible like do things around the house without them asking you.

No comments:

Post a Comment