Saturday, July 31, 2010

Help!, I really need Advice about BULIMIA, a teenage girl who now is thin, but still thinks she's Fat?...?

My Problem in as brief as possible, I am with a woman, who has a teenage daughter, (15), who's friend has become BULIMIC.Only a few friends, know about this problem. She has been this way since before last Christmas, apparently her parents do know, but are hoping she'll get better by herself, (they belive she is). My Problem is, I know she isn't and maybe getting worse, apparently, she's now sicking up Blood, I know this must be a bad sign, and swore not to say anything, untill she, (my Friends Daughter), had done so befor hand, with one of her friends, but yet to do so, but feel i must do so now. Should I now say something to someone, (schoolohead or parent)?. that in the fact she's getting worse / not better. or, let My friends Daughter, with a frind do it, (as she said she would), as she is her friend?. And how do you suggest that I / they go about it?. I need loads of answers, please, the more the merrier, to give her the best advice, Thank you...Help!, I really need Advice about BULIMIA, a teenage girl who now is thin, but still thinks she's Fat?...?
You are wonderful for seeking help!


Go to her parents first. Be matter of fact. She needs counseling and medical intervention. She is injuring herself and it will not just go away. Tell her parents you will intervene.Love this girl enough to take a risk and report it to the school nurse and principal.


I am a caregiver to a 55 year old woman and she still has an issue with throwing up and she also self mutilates. Has been doing so since her 20's. If she was not in a program now she would be dead. Unfortunately she was an adult before she got help. Let this little girl have a future full of life. She is dying without help now.Help!, I really need Advice about BULIMIA, a teenage girl who now is thin, but still thinks she's Fat?...?
Take the girl to some serious therapy! If she continues to barf up blood, take her to the emergency room immediatly, and check her teeth if they are starting to rot. I tell you this because when she vomits, stomach bile comes up with her food, and stomach bile is VERY acidic and rots anything. If the girl looses her peroid, then that stage of bulimia is so severe that she won't go back to normal.
Talk to her parents asap! This is a dangerous condition. Her life is in jeopardy. You would never forgive yourself if something happened. Just tell them your concerns and make sure they know you are serious. Thats all you can do. Good Luck!
I would talk to your daughter and explain to her that, as a parent, you feel it is time to approach the friends parents. This girl is in serious trouble and is probably doing irreversable damage to her body.


If you can't get the parents to do anything it may be time to see help from the school to see what they can do. Maybe showing the girls parents how serious this is will help. I had problems with eating a couple years back....luckily it never got this bad but when you are faced with your child having an illness you don't always want to believe it is as bad as it really is. I saw my mom struggle with when to step in. You may be that one last push to assure the parents there is something serious going on.
Firstly I would by pass the parents as they are obvioulsy in denial and i think it would take a proffessional to help them see the severity. There is bound to be a school nurse talk to them if not definatley go to a teacher or head. YOu should also talk to your daughter help her in an understanding way of how serious it could be or is there has been cases known where they can pull there friends in to the same game. Dont leave it to your daughter to sort out as its a big responsibility and she might not understand that peole can die from severe cases of this.
You NEED to talk to her parents and convince them that she needs treatment to recover. If they don't get her help, she will


just keep getting worse and she may kill herself. She is already pretty bad off if she is throwing up blood. She may have developed an ulcer that is bleeding. When I was 15, I had an eating disorder and was throwing up so much that I gave myself a bleeding ulcer. I had to be rushed to the emergency room and the doctors told my parents that if they had gotten me there 1/2 hour later, it would have been too late and I would have bleed to death. If you don't want the same thing to happen to her, you need to get through to her parents NOW! Obviously her parents don't know very much about eating disorders if they are hoping she will ';get better on her own';. I would suggest doing some research and bringing her parents some info on the subject, and try to explain that it is almost impossible to recover from an eating disorder without psychological and behavioral help. I really hope that her parents will listen to you, but if they don't try to go to the school and talk to them about all of this. I will be praying for your daughter's friend to make a safe recovery. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment