Thursday, July 29, 2010

Advice and help with teenage mood swings?

I'm a 17 year old female, and lately I've been experiencing mood swings unlike ever before. Ever since I was a pre-teen, I started with minor mood swings that normal teenagers have, but lately they've become a little more severe and frequent. I also normally only get them around the time I'm on my period, but now it seems like the mood swings are not limited like this.





I will go from being very happy and content to completely pissed off and annoyed within minutes, usually when I'm talking with a family member or a friend. I've also noticed that this occurs more frequently at night, when my family is home from work and school. My mom has commented that I've been ';extremely hormonal'; recently, because I've become very angry and upset with her over very minor things.


Is this normal? Has anyone else had this happen to them? What are some things you did to relieve these mood swings?





I'm a high school junior, taking very advanced classes that require a lot of work, so stress could probably be a major factor. Any help? I really hate acting like this!Advice and help with teenage mood swings?
it also happens to me and it sucks becuz ill be happy then im all mad or depressed and my teacher told me to go to the counsiler but i didnt and peepz r starting to call me emoAdvice and help with teenage mood swings?
i didnt feel like reading this but i hope you get help.
Weird, the same exact thing has been happening to me just lately. It's annoying because I thought I'd gotten all this out of my system at 12 and 13, now I'm almost 18 and I fly off the handle over the tiniest things. The same things set me off too, when my family gets home, basically anything they do or say sends me into a rage. I broke the necklace my friend gave me the other day because I was so mad. I'm guessing this is something we will outgrow, it just sucks because I'm otherwise really calm and mellow. Good luck!
Sounds like a hormone inbalance. I realize your young but studies show that even teenagers can be out of whack with their hormones.


This would cause the mood swings you are having. You should ask your doctor for a hormone test to determine what is up with you. Also google it (hormones and mood swings) and you will see for yourself.


Good Luck!
Yes, very correct stress can be a MaJoR factor. I have mood swings sometimes as well, so I see what you mean... Such as you are just chatting away when someone totally says the wrong thing and it just flat out pisses you off, right? They have a vitamin called B-Complex that helps your moods stay more intact. Also, perhaps maybe test for bipolar disorder...? Hope you feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment