Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Teenage mother to-be and need advice!?

two weeks ago i found out i was pregnant, by the way im 16, i know im young but theres nothing to do about it now. anyways im almost positive im going to keep the baby. i know it is going to be hard but i need to know some of the experiences other teenage moms had while going through this time. one big issue for me is how im going to graduate highschool. i will be a junior this year so im afraid i wont be able to handle school and a kid. i dont want to drop out but i need to make it work somehow. and also the father is completly going to be in our childs life so single parenting wont be an issue. please dont judge i know i made a mistake but im trying to stay positive!Teenage mother to-be and need advice!?
I had my first at 16 (now she is 6 1/2) and it was very hard. I know my school was able to work out a way for me to finish my classes. Maybe you can talk to them and find out if there is any way you can do the work at home? I commend you for taking responsibility for your actions... a lot of teens nowadays are being very irresponsible and killing their babies because they do not want to ';ruin'; their lives... BLAH ON THAT!!! Also i think it is wonderful the two of you are taking up the responsibility and are handling this like adults. It is a scary thing to face so young. Just make sure you stock up on things you will need... that way you do not go broke buying everything at the very end of the pregnancy. Labor is not as bad as you might think. And once that baby gets placed on your chest you will completely forget about everything you went through before.... Keep up staying positive and do not let anyone bring you down!Teenage mother to-be and need advice!?
To be completely honest..The only mistake you can make is takng that childs life away by abortion so your not doing anything hard and yes schooling and a baby can be hard but thats why there are family...see if they can help you out cause you have the baby in you for 9 months so you can finish part of schooling and then go back after the baby is born for testing to see if you passed or go to a school that will let you do homeschooling all the luck
You're right, you definitely need to finish school. I don't see continuing to attend a traditional school being realistic though. You should see if any of the schools in your area have a teen parent program (which would provide daycare). If not, then your next choice would be independent study (aka home school). Or you could get your GED.





When I was 16 I went to a high school with a teen parent program which I found to be extremely helpful. It was nice to be around other girls who were my age and pregnant as well. I also did independent study which worked out well for a while although I didn't like the lack of structure. Finally I ended up with my GED.





The choice is yours, good luck!
First thing is first you can graduate. I was 17 and in my senior year. I had my daughter in march. Its possible dont think its not. First thing you need to do is go to the doctor, get checked and get prenatal vitamins you really need them. Talk to your parents and his. There are programs that will help thats what they are there for. Oh get on W.I.C dont worry you can be put on it even though you havent had the baby yet.





Btw: CONGRATS...!
awww.


well congratsss.


well you have two yrs of high school left, not too bad.


well if you aren't planning on being in after school activities it should be okay, esp since the dad is backing you up.


maybe when you are at school your parents could watch it or your grandparents or someone you know who's available during the day. and you guys could switch off whenever one of you guys is busy with school and what not, you could even get a job and save up some money for you guys!
well, there is daycare assistance you will most likely qualify for to help pay for daycare so that you can go to school...and there may be an alternative school you could go to for half of a day (intermediate unit) or even home school.
I just wanted to say that i'm glad your keeping your baby :)


don't regret it. Try getting some self help books about child birth and pregnancy. Maybe you could talk to a counselor in your school for advice.
You should watch the show ';Baby Borrowers';. It's teens your age borrowing babies and they find they cannot stand it at their age!! Its a great show.
Good for you, and just because you are young doesn't mean you can't be a great mom and finish school. Talk to your teachers and they may be lenient with you if you are late to class due to bathroom breaks and such during your pregnancy. Take good notes because pregnancy tends to make you really forgetful, when the baby is born will you have any family that can help care for him or her while you are in class? If not, check into infant daycare programs. Here they run about 150$ a week, so you or your boyfriend will probably need to get a job if you don't have one already. In a last resort kind of thing, some adult ed programs offer High School diplomas and provide child care on site. Thats what my SIL did, but it is perfectly possible to graduate regular High School...a girl in our High school class did it just fine. It will be tough, but you can do anything you put your mind to. Good Luck and congrats!
Have you started going to see a midwife/doctor? They will be able to get you someone to talk to about school options, because just like us, they want us to be able to go back to school! I am also 16. One option for schooling is getting your GED, but if you don't want to take that route, you could put your child in daycare. If you can't afford it, there are a lot of programs that you will learn about from your midwives, social worker (if they provide you one to talk to, they did with me), and other various people that you will get involved with. For example, here, we have Parents Are Teachers, Too. They provide you with a lot of different options and things you can do after the baby is born, in order to make your life easier (mom play groups, rides to different places, etc). Also, they help you out A LOT before the baby is born- they can show you videos, tell you what to expect, and answer a lot of your questions. There are usually programs like these everywhere, just ask your doctor/midwife! :] Good luck- this isn't easy by any means, pregnancy is a very hard thing to go through....but it isn't impossible. If you need anything, just email me.
I had my first baby when i was 17. i dont know what state you live in but in GA there are schools that have daycares so you can attend after you have the baby. if you need to get help from the goverment like food stamps , medicaid and daycare assistance. the most important thing for you to do is to get an education so you can get a decent job to support your baby the same thing goes for the father it is not going to be easy but i promise it will work out better than trying to support a family with no education and if you have the support of your family you should be able to do it . also start saving money as soon as you can babies are very expensive
Congratulations! %26amp;%26amp; Kudos on the good choice for keeping the baby. I had 3 friends have their babies while in high school and only one is having trouble actually showing up at school. That would be a lack of want though.





When I found out I was pregnant I was 17 and in my senior year of highschool. My boyfriend's 20 now and I'm 18 and we're both very excited about our kid.





I made it through school no problem being pregnant, my friend graduated with me and she had her baby in January. Another girl had her baby at the very beginning of this school year and I think she was a junior and she's making it through school fine.





Check with your school nurse and ask about the Teen Outreach program they helped me and the othe moms at my school very much.





Again, Congrats %26amp;%26amp; Good luck!
Firstly may i say how brave and positive you are .


It is great you are seeing the best in the situation .


I think presonally you seem to have your head screwed on and know the direction you want to take . You are acting very mature and i think you should see this as a great positive .


I wasnt too young when i had my first i was 19 but believe me there is allot of helping organisations out there for young mums to make sure they get the best and carry on education .


Us young ones can be good mums and educated at the same time .


Iam now 24 , I have 2 kids and one on the way i work part time , Have many qualifications and try my hardest im very proud as iam sure you will be :) . Good luck .
All i can see is its hard being a mother at my age, and I am 28, so i imagine it to be hard for you, but you can put your mind to anything you want to achieve. If you have help and support from family and friends then everything should be ok.


There are day care centers for young mums that are still at a school, which cheap fees (I live in Australia though so not sure if you would have any but Im almost sure you would)


Stay strong and positive.


I know 2 people that had kids at 16. While in my opinion is wasnt a good idea, they are now, ones 27 the other 19, and they both have matured alot and have no regrets.
first i would like to say congrats on your blessing!!! im a young mother myself..i got pregnant at 17 and had my son at 18 and now im 20. my experience was difficult. my babyfather dont want to be in the picture and my closest family members turned thier backs on me..everyone felt that since i was woman enough to open my legs im woman enough to take care of my responsibilities...and i felt they were right...i never got to finish highschool..and lookin for a job was gettin me nowhere..i had soooo many things to get together and i had to do it by myself...dont quit school..u can do homeschool..which is real convinient cause you dont have to miss school to go to doctor appoinments..or you can go to a pregnancy school for teenage moms..or you can stay at your school til you have the baby then get homeschool or another option your GED...its great that you have your mate with you..have him look for sources with you...nobody wants to be on welfare but when you young...you gotta use the goverment as much as you can cause it wil be benifit you in the long run..foodstamps..medicaid..cash aid..all that..sign up for it all right now...get WIC for you and the baby..take parenting class..i thought i knew how to take care my son but there is alot i still didnt kno and still learnin til this day...sign up for section8 NOW!! they will help you pay low low rent for apartments..u gonna want to be in your own place with your child..believe me.. and theres nothin like saving money....ive been through alot...from friends houses to hotels to shelters..i had to go through all that to get where i am now only cause i was a single parent...i have my own and own my own..u want to get your own too cause now you are a grown woman and nobody wants to take care of a woman with a child..so get into as many programs you can that will help you...im not sayin you dont have help but you have to think outside the box...cause when everyone else isnt there for you all you have is you and that baby..i thought my folks were gonna help me..they did what they could but i had to be the one to really get things right cause thats my baby....so take it one step at a time..have god on your side and make the future bright for your child...

No comments:

Post a Comment