Wednesday, August 18, 2010

*sigh* Teenage angst and all that fun. Advice?

Well firstly, I know Im not the only one suffering out there. But I feel like Im suffering alone. My best friend has been avoiding me, and it hurts me to know he keeps in contact with everyone but me. The boy I love is a cheating jerk who, after kissing me, has snubbed me and is going out with the most popular, pretty girl in the school, and spends as much time as possible making fun of me. Yet I still love him. I have spent the past several weeks at home, grounded and away from my friends. Its mostly because of my problem with alcohal and my grades are the worst they've ever been, and my parents constantly harp on it like grades are the only things that matter. I cut my wrists and thighs for two years before promising myself I would never again this year on National TWLOHA day. However, I recently violated that promise and started smoking. I know that I have problems, but its highschool, and everything seems to crash down around you during this time. Maybe we fall so that we learn how to pick ourselves back up. Maybe God gave us mountains so we can learn to climb. But I cant even move a muscle. Please somebody help.*sigh* Teenage angst and all that fun. Advice?
That is a lot of things going on at once! Just concentrate on one thing and take small steps. One thing. One small step. Smaller than that - a half a tiny step.





Consider a ritual ';cleansing'; for the cheating jerk of a boyfriend. Write down everything that meant something to you about him. Think about each one and how things have changed because of his behavior. When you've come to terms with how that thing affected you, rip the paper up into little pieces. When you're ready, either throw the pieces out or burn them (safely!!!!). Ask for help with that if you can.





Either that or a voodoo doll. :-)





It must be impossible to have any fun with being grounded, trouble with schoolwork, having your best friend be an @ss when you need him the most, and a cheating boyfriend not to mention smoking, alcohol, etc. But you have a lot to be proud of too. It is high school. You already know there's drama there. You have that part figured out. You're articulate. You write well. You overcame a difficult problem and you've stuck by your promise to yourself. If you can do that, the rest will settle out too. Maybe, since you're home anyway, you can do something nice and unexpected for someone in the family as a surprise. It might make you feel a little better and it will keep you busy for awhile.





Good luck... I know you'll overcome all of this and be able to look back and see how strong you became because of it. One step. One tiny step.*sigh* Teenage angst and all that fun. Advice?
Ten years from now, you will look back and be shocked at how serious you thought all this stuff was. High school is something you have to suffer through, and then forget. Seriously. Don't hurt yourself any more, okay, it doesn't help anything, and the scars you get will only serve as reminders of this rotten time, when you should forget it. Forget the jerk and move on. The best revenge is to do well and be happy!
Can you try to draw or express yourself in writing? You write really well and sometimes it helps to get things out on paper.





I'm quitting smoking right now, so I feel your pain with trying not to. It's very hard. Just try to hang in there, but whatever you have to do to get through this, don't hate yourself too much. With all the expectations on you, you are really carrying a lot on your shoulders.





I do know that things can get better. I was a cutter when I was a teenager, but haven't done it for a long, long time. It can be beaten.





Can you try to express your feelings to your parents like you did here? If it's a bad idea, I can understand. I guess the thing is right now, what's most important is to stop the addiction, the drinking, smoking and cutting. With the pressure they are putting on you too excel, it has to be hard.





Just try to hang on. It's going to hurt for awhile while people around you are jerks, but maybe you can find a friend who is a little kinder hearted out there or just gets you better. Just remember to watch out for yourself and be cautious online.





High school is not forever.
The smoking and drinking I can live with but you gotta quit the cutting. It is really hard, if you can't do it, you HAVE to get help. Sadly the rest is high school crap. People say it is the best time of you life are the popular kids, everyone else is miserable. Grades are important, and even if you don't see it now, you will. I promise. High School is a over exaggeration of the real world. If nothing it teaches you how crappy people can be, and how is best to cope. Friends that don't talk to you ain't friends, and boys who cheat aren't worth anything. You are still young and when you get a little older you will see not much of the silliness will mater, and you probably wont remember that guys name. Maybe you don't need to continuously climb, sometimes watching others will show you an easier path, you don't have to blaze your own trail.





Step back, and really think what matters. Petty people can't be an obstacle for you or you will feel the struggle all the time.





Good luck, your teens suck, your twenties are ok, by 30 you know who you are and things get a bit easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment