Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Advice for a mother of a teenage girl regarding dating.?

All you teens out there...Help!





Open,easy to talk to,young at heart mother of 16 (15 + 10 months) yr. old girl asking for any advice about daughter starting to ';date';.





Don't want daughter to make the mistakes that I did when I was that age.





Have had brief conversations regarding issues that I went through and some that may arise, but wondering it there's something I could do/say that would be effective.





She's a great girl, considerate, AP high school student with a good head on her shoulders, but has always had a bit of low self-esteem when comparing herself to others.





Need to know if I'm doing everything I can to provoke her to continue to make the right decisions.





Tell me anything!!!!Advice for a mother of a teenage girl regarding dating.?
Im about your daughters age, and I can't say I'm exactly shy with boys...but I'm working on it. I'm also in AP classes so i understand. But surprisingly enough accomplishments and brains in school don't effect the social scene much. Things socially and outside of school are completely different. My mom doesn't know any of the things I have done with guys, and I don't feel comfortable enough telling her because no matter what I said I think she would be shocked and would disapprove. I would try to talk to her about how she feels about dating. Maybe sit her down and ask about her personal experiences. She may deny having any or shrug you off but you can ask again. NEVER interrigate...it will only push her away and not want to tell you anything. But talk to her and remind her about things in the dating world. She may act like she doesn't care...but she does...trust me !Advice for a mother of a teenage girl regarding dating.?
Tell her that most high school relationships don't last so don't be disappointed.





Tell her don't go for the guys who are cute but the ones who have a great personality.





Even if she doesn't find anyone tell her that her mother will always love her and believe in yourself and your heart don't be judgmental of yourself towards other people.Because if you were to date someone they should love you no matter what you look like.Because if I guy can't look past the looks it's like judging a book by it's cover.
Hey,


my mom def. had the same conflict. Basically have a girls day. Go to a spa, or get your nails done. Then just ask her. You need to be friendly about it. If she hesitates, tell her about your first date, or tell her some stories. Have a true heart to heart. As nervewracking it may be, i bet that you're making it a bigger deal than it is! I know my mom and i had no prob talking about it once we achieced a comfort level.





Good luck,


dont give up!!
I'm not a teen, but if I were you, I would just encourage her to talk to you about what's going on in her life. Try to be more of a ';friend'; to her so that she will open up to you when she needs to talk!





Good luck! I know those teenage years are hard!
Well, if your daughter is as good of a person as you think she is, I wouldn't worry too much. Just make sure you meet everyone she decides to date at one point or another and don't be afraid to intervene if you feel something is wrong.
let her know that if she feels ready


to get into a serious relationship


and shes ready to have sex,


to go to you,so you guys can


help her do it safely.
just tell her to choose the guy wisely. and when she does find intrest in one and wants to date them ask her friends on how they feel about him(both male and female friends!!! sometimes they are baised!!)
hi im 16 i went through the same stuff with my mom and its not n i no but i understand the whole thing about u don't want her to make the same mistakes u did but it makes us who we are.......its like sending her off to school u don't want to let her go but it inevitable its gonna happen...the best u can do it give her few lines of advice and don't push or meddle because it will probably drive u two apart.......so my answer is u should before she starts to dislike u and u two arnt like talking any more...

No comments:

Post a Comment