Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Teenage girls, with single dads, your advice please...?

I have been dating a man for two months. He has a 13-year-old daughter who seems to be furious over my existance. She refuses to meet me, won't allow me to come over to their house (even when she isn't there), and won't even speak my name (refers to me as ';that woman';). On the other hand, she really liked the Christmas present I got for her, she has asked her dad to ask me to help her on a school assignment and when he has been frustrated with me for some reason, has come to my defense with him.





Her father has, a number of times, expressed to her that I'm not trying to ';take him away from her'; and that she will always be his baby but every time he is on the phone with me or mentions spending time with me, she becomes very upset.





What advice can you share with me in this situation? She sounds like a beautiful, bright capiable young woman; I would really like to get to know her better...or at lease not be a point of contention beween her and her father.Teenage girls, with single dads, your advice please...?
Maybe you could take her to a movie and maybe go shopping at a mall just the two of you. If it is you and her dad and her she might feel like she is competing with you for her dads affection.


If however, it is just you two she probably will feel more comfortable and get to know you better without feeling threatened. =D


Good Luck!!Teenage girls, with single dads, your advice please...?
im not a chick or anything, but i had the same problem when i was younger, i never got along with my step family, try taking her places talking with her like shes your friend and not her father's girlfriend, it will help most of the time it does.
TRUST ME, eventually she will come around once she realizes that you are not trying to take her mothers place or her place...give her some time...she's so young...
I know you asked for girls to help but I thought some feeback from a dad that has been in this situation might help too. Right now he's worried about alienating his daughter but if he's smart, he needs to worry about losing you. You sound like a very special lady. I had someone like you in my life once, she was smart and beautiful and she loved more than I could ever deserve but I let my daughter push her away by acting just like this guy's daughter is acting. When she told me it was over she said that she felt like the other woman in an affair and she just couldn't live like that. At first I thought that was the stupidest thing I'd ever heard, but then I started thinking about it and it makes sense. Since my daughter insisted that they could not meet, I could never spend weekends or holidays with her. Anytime we were together if my phone rang, no matter where we were, I would answer and if my daughter threw a fit, I would leave my lady and go home. She was so gracious about everything. She would tell me to go, take care of my baby. I left her at parties, at restaurants, I even walked out in the middle of a concert once because my daughter insisted she needed me to come home. The final straw came one night when she called me to tell me she had to cancel our plans for the evening because her father had just been taken to the hospital. I insisted that I wanted to be with her to offer emotional support and picked her up from her office and took her to the hospital. Her dad was, in fact, seriously ill and she really needed me to be there with her. Of course, my daughter called having a conniption and of course I left that kind, loving, wonderful woman there at the hospital. I didn't even think about the fact that her car was back at her office. Good thing her sister was there to give her a ride back to get it. Once I got home, my daughter said she just wanted me home, then she went in her room, closed her door and left me alone. She got what she wanted. I'm still alone. So maybe the guy you're dating needs to think about what his life is going to look like in 5 or 10 years. Daughters grow up and move on what is he going to have then?
Maybe try and hang out with her and her father for a while so she can get to know you and not feel like you are taking him away?





I know a lot of situations that are like this and it is just going to take work and time, possibly ask her father wha she likes and shower her with gifts. I know that sounds materialistic but it will show her that you want to be a part of both of thier lives and not just her fathers.
Wow she is one twisted girl.First she hates you and then she wants you to help her on her school project?Confusing!But anyway,she is only 13 years old and she probably feels like some woman is trying to take her daddy away.She probably is a daddy's little girl and there is nothing wrong with that.You have to put your self in her shoes and imagine what she is going thru.Maybe you should try writing a letter to her.Or ask her dad if u can take her out for a shopping/getting nails done day and you guys can talk in that realxed environment.She probably isn't that much of a witch.Good luck!=]
Try 2 communicate w/ her more
Its just teenage girls not wanting to lose there dads. it happens all the time
maybe she thinks ur trying to replace her mom
  • facial
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment