Saturday, August 21, 2010

My family drives me crazy, my teenage sister even more. Can someone help me or give me some advice?

I'm 19 years old and I have a son that is 4 years old. He keeps me really busy all the time and I would like to give him the best. By keeping him in a good environment. But my sister seems to do my life more difficult than what it already is. She is 14 years old. She is cursing back and forth. Every word she speaks seems to start with the ';f';. She does not talk to me at all. But when she needs a favor done, she wants it right away. I tried ignoring her, giving her tips and advice. But she just doesn't care, she yells at my mom. And to make it even worse my dad doesn't say a word about it. At least that is what we see. He thinks by just sending her to her room or telling her to do the dishes she is gonna be good. I just don't know what else to do. can someone please give me a tip on what I should do.My family drives me crazy, my teenage sister even more. Can someone help me or give me some advice?
Wow. A 4-year-old son at 19. I can only imagine the stress! And I can totally understand your frustration with your younger sister.





I'm only 15 myself and I think the biggest thing you can do for your sister is to sit her down. Have a calm, mature talk. Tell her what you just told us. Tell her you have your needs, your son has his needs and that while having another child in the house my be stressful for everyone, she's going to have to step up and be mature about it. Make her feel the pressure.





If she lets you down, say that to her. Say it like you mean it; ';______(sister's name) you really let me down, here.'; and leave it at that. There's nothing worse than feeling immature and feeling the burden of letting someone you care about down. Just be honest with her. Brutally honest, if need be.





While this may not be the response you were looking for, I hope it helps you. And good luck on your sister and her issues.My family drives me crazy, my teenage sister even more. Can someone help me or give me some advice?
Take her out back and give her few slaps tell her how is going be.

No comments:

Post a Comment