Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Help! Advice needed for dealing with disrespectful, prideful teenage sister. Family disagrees on verdict.?

I am 20(in college) and am concerned about my sister(13). I have had problems with her through the years and strongly dislike her. She is extremely disrespectful to my family (especially her mother) behind their backs. I think this is related to pride because she just looks straight faced while being punished. Her attitude with my parents appalls me. My family has always been strongly Christian and held conservative beliefs, and this behavior is not acceptable. Her mannerisms(along with the cute factor), however, conceal her attitudes. This problem started as minor childhood defiance, but has evolved into a scary delinquent problem. I fear for the future of my family. I am desperately searching for help after an explosive afternoon. I just want some immediate suggestions. I don't want to leave my family in the hell-hole we are going through. Should we consider family counseling, or some other help? No one seems to know how to deal with a child who thinks they are 40.Help! Advice needed for dealing with disrespectful, prideful teenage sister. Family disagrees on verdict.?
If this is typical ';teenage'; stuff or beyond that? I would have a talk to your parents about it and then suggest some family counseling. She does sound like she is crying out for something. That ';something'; is what needs to be uncovered.Help! Advice needed for dealing with disrespectful, prideful teenage sister. Family disagrees on verdict.?
My sister is almost the same. Her behavior is horrible. whenever she wants something, she acts nice and sweet, but acts like a**hole right after she gets it.





I do suggest family counseling. It will tell you a lot about why she is doing this. If counseling doesn't work, you need something intense to break her down a bit and realize that she needs to change her attitude. I would suggest a boot camp or some kind of camp that will get her act together, if your parents consent to it.
family counseling sounds like a great idea.





your sister could be acting this way because of something that has happened to her. her behavior could be her way of crying for help.





good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment