Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Adult dating advice needed- nothing perverted, and not teenage drama. serious answers please :)?

There has been a client who comes into my work about two times a week for the past few years, we've always flirted but nothing really more than that has happened. i think that i have restrained myself due to the fact that i don't want to make either of us uncomfortable if things aren't reciprocated. it would be weird seeing each other so often if one of us rejected the other. about two months ago he asked me to see his friends band play (there are 13 girls at my work, and he only invited me) he didn't actually ask to take me there, as he was kind of working with the band- i was too big of a wuss to attend alone so i brought two of my co-workers with me. things seemed to go pretty well, he spent time with me when he had chances, bought me drinks, tried to get me to go to the after party (which i had to decline), and hugged me goodbye. he hasn't asked me anywhere since then. we still flirt as much as before, and everyone else at work can't figure out why we haven't tried dating yet... since it's ';obvious'; we're into each other.





so my question is this- would it be improper for me to ask him to go out? how could i bring it up? i'm usually very confident... but i'm afraid to be rejected by a person i will have to see every week. if he was a random guy i'd just met i'd have no problem. should i just wait and make him do the asking... i just think this is a really great guy and don't want to miss out on the opportunity by not taking a chance. maybe i sent the wrong message by bringing friends to the concert?





any ideas?Adult dating advice needed- nothing perverted, and not teenage drama. serious answers please :)?
I have heard that if you have a dog and he does too (find out) then you can walk your dogs together at a park. That always seems to break the ice since your dogs are being playful. If no dog, then just ask him to go to coffee with you. Something simple in conversation.





Anyways he may have read your actions wrong at the concert. He may be into you but not know how to react to the ';turn down'; to go to the party after.





Just be confident and if you never try to ask him to coffee you will never know what could have happened. So go for it!!Adult dating advice needed- nothing perverted, and not teenage drama. serious answers please :)?
just ask the guy out for a coffee.


there is nothing big in that, get to know him a bit better and take it from there, you already have expectations that you will end up in bed with him but coffee in your local starbucks or where ever ain't gonna seem like that. oh and you gotta think its not a date.

No comments:

Post a Comment