Wednesday, August 18, 2010

(Long Post) I'm going to be a teenage daddy... can anyone give me advice? In need of support.. please help?

I never thought i'd be in this situation until i was 23. You may have seen me around posting questions on a possible pregnancy. And now, here i am, about to become a teenage daddy at 16. As it may seem like a normal messed up teenager thing, my girlfriend is 15 and a freshman, while i am a junior. We are also of South-eastern asian descent and first generation children of immigrants, so tight cultural ties will be involved. I have decided to be a man about things and take care of our baby. However, it is not that i fear having the child, but i fear for the well being of our lives, and the entire process of the pregnancy. So far, her parents do not know (or have a faint clue, no pun intended), that we are dating. I am ready to take the consequences however dire. I worry about how my friends and family will look at me now though. After much consideration on not killing innocent babies, we are not going to abort. However, only we know about the pregnancy, and no one else does. At one month, she is already starting to show a round belly. At first, instead of intercourse, we tried other ways (no penetration was made except with the fingers, no pre-jack was found either, and she is extremely faithful) to cope with our feelings. We have also agreed to this and didn't expect to have children until we were older. Although it seems rather highly, highly unlikely that she got pregnant, at this point the hows and should'ves do not matter. What i would like to request here is comfort. I feel pressure slowly taking over because of the fact that the others don't know. Also, how should i deal with the approaching inevitable? I do have a job, so it may make up for any short-comings, and i have already established a savings account in my name. I don't spend much either. Also, i will be getting a permit soon in driver's ed class at school so i will be fine in terms of transportation, yet a free car is subject to contemplation. Please, mothers and fathers of yahoo answers, can you guys help me with this? I need support and comfort, and i'm not sure i can deal with it alone. I heavily predict that there will be a lot of blame and yelling at us, and i don't want that. She plans on moving in with me and attending my school after the baby is old enough, or taking an alternative learning community to finish high school. I plan on researching jobs that take little time to acquire and pay really well. I have heard that there are many occupations that pay well with an associate's degree, such as ultrasound operator, registered nursing and being an electrician. Problem is is that my GPA may not look good, but my pre-ACT and PSAT score may prove otherwise, but i'm not sure how it will affect my college applications. Any info on this? There is a chance that she may miscarry, yet my motivation is derived from our growing little boy ( or we hope it is ), so no ill-intentions are anywhere. what should i do? stay in school is a no brainer, and staying at work too, yet my pay isn't so satisfying as it should be. I believe that this person may be the one for me and she believes i am the one for her. I have gone through many deaths, many of them extremely important people, in my life to know how valuable it is to be alive and accepting of what we have. Honestly, i think i may be depressed. My mind is balancing on the borders of irrationality from lost hope. Can someone please help me? What can or should i do? How was your experience being a teenage parent? Any mothers or fathers out there who can relate and support? And please, no bashing; I have had enough of being verbally and mentally stepped down to be dealing with your negativity.(Long Post) I'm going to be a teenage daddy... can anyone give me advice? In need of support.. please help?
i think you are being very mature and the right thing by taking responsibility. yea, you might be ridiculed by peers but it won't matter much when you meet the baby and realize how much you love him/ her.





i hate to bring this up (honestly i do) but it sounded in your post that you didn't completely have sex? i'm sure this is the last thing you want to be thinking about but you might want to look into paternity tests or maybe it was a false positive? ( that's if i read the post correctly)





good luck to you! i'm sure you know at heart you are doing the right thing, selflessness is an amazing characteristic and you should be proud.(Long Post) I'm going to be a teenage daddy... can anyone give me advice? In need of support.. please help?
I applaud you for taking responsibility.
go for it never ever harm this baby and good job for taking responsibility but u have got to help the mother alot
first: you need to breathe! :)


being a teen parent is not going to be easy, but it can be done. you sound like your mind is pretty set that youre going to be a good daddy, which is a great start (that mind set is what i think most teen parents who dont make good parents lack!)





as scary as it sounds, parents need to know soon! especially hers. she needs to start going to the dr asap to make sure that you end up with a happy healthy baby! when it comes to your friends finding out let me just say this: you'll find out who your true friends are! you'll lose some and you'll gain some, but in the end, youll only have the real ones left. (keep in mind: you wont have quite as much time for all of your friends after baby arrives, so not having so many to maintain isnt always a bad thing.)





dont worry that you feel depressed, its part of realizing that you have to grow up a WHOLE BUNCH in a matter of about 8 months! it will eventually get better. as baby gets closer, things will more than likely settle down alot and things will figure themselves out. try not to worry too much, and just be there for your girl friend and baby, and get school finished up. at this point these are the things that should matter most anyway so just focus on doing everything you can for them....


other than that, good luck and congrats! :)
first of all let me tell u that I'm happy that u r taking responsibilities for ur actions I'm 17 years old and a single teen mom of a 2 year old. The guy walked out on us thus forcing me to be a mom and and dad. I would really advice u to start focusing on ur new role as a father. Forget about wit people might think or say, just care about how u raise ur son. Friends come and go but Ur baby is here to stay. U should really start by telling ur parents. The sooner is done the bEtter. Just tell them that u have made a mistake and is ready to take full responsibility of ur action. Next I should go talk to her parents. Sure they will be made as he'll but eventually understand. Next u should start on focusing on ur school work. I'm guessing that u will want to give ur son a better life do u think that poor grades might help?


I wish you the best of luck
I was a teenage mommy. It was the best thing that ever happened to me. Though I will tell you right now I had a lot of promise also, I was accepted to the Air force academy and various colleges. Once the baby was born I couldn't finish school for a very long time. I was on my own tho. Maybe she could stay with the baby and you could pursue schooling. They do have pell grants if you pick a local college the pell pays enough for classes, books, and have enough left over each semester to put money in your pocket.I had on average $1100 in my pocket. I think you will be fine. I had to live with a grandma that got weird after I had my baby.


It was like she would take the baby the minute I got in the door and sometimes wouldn't let me breastfeed. So I had to do what I could and I basically got a job and moved out asap. You will have people interfering on how you want your baby raised so its good to be able to have your own place. Good luck!!
first of all you need to make certain she is even pregnant. But I do want to say i admire you for sticking by her, not only is this going to be difficult for both of you it is also going to be difficult for both of your parents at first. Find out first though, before you start planning for the future. And if she isn't then it is just ';Gods'; way of telling you that it isn't your guys time to be parents and he has other plans for the two of you. Again I admire you for wanting to stay with her, I have seen so many of my friends being left during that time. GoodLuck either way!!!!!!
i know i dont know you, but im proud of you. Not alot of guys at your age will step up and be a man and take care of a baby. Congrats! I know your young but im 100% sure that you will be a wonderful father.
Let me first just say that I think that it is really admirable of you for being there for your girlfriend and for choosing not to use abortion as your answer. I think that I might be pregnant and im 17 and they guy that would have gotten me pregnant not only isnt my boyfriend (im single but he says that he likes me and would like to have a relationship) but also he told me that if i were to ever get pregnant that he would first encourage an abortion and then encourage adoption. I dont think that he would be at all supportive of me keeping the baby. although he says he wouldnt leave, i have heard of guys opting out later on. But enough about my story. Ok bringing a child into this world is going to be extremely hard but i have heard that is can be really rewarding. I know a couple of people that are teen parents. Just know that the job that you have now will not support that baby, you are probably working part time and only for minimum wage, right? You are going to need support from your family and her family. Babies are really expensive. As far as people looking down on you, forget them, they dont know you and although they can mentally categorize you into the sterotypes, just know that they are wrong. You are taking responsibility for what you did and they shouldnt have anything against that, just forget about them and never let them make you believe that you are anything less a great guy that is trying to do whats right. As far as not having the highest GPA, you can always go to a community college and receive and associates degree if you cant get into a university, from there you can transfer into a university and all they will look at is your grades from the community college and your personal statement (if your university will require it). Im not trying to tell you that things are always going to be ok and that its going to be easy, because its not, but that doesnt mean that you cant do this. Have faith in yourself, your girlfriend, and have faith that your parents love you guys and will always be there to help you. Your girlfriend is already starting to show, maybe you two should start thinking of ways to calmy let your parents know that she is pregnant. Even though right away they might be angry and shocked, just give them some time and they should come around. I wish you a lot of luck and i wish your baby the best of health.
First of all I would really like to commend you for taking responsibility for your actions and stepping up. You definitely seem more mature than other young men your age. If your intentions are to support them, take responsibility and marry her then you will be more than okay. You and your girlfriend will have a rough time, as having a baby is not something to take lightly. It is not easy, but it is well worth it. My advice to you, is to work your butt off in school, graduate high school, get into college, and get a degree. I got pregnant my first year of college and now I am paying for it, literally. My daughter is my world, so I do not regret having her at all. You will find that you will want the best for your child and will strive to get it for them. If you have your heart set on something, you will do anything and everything to get it. My fiance is almost done with school. He is getting a bachelor's degree for geology and I am going for my bachelor's in nursing and eventually getting my master's. With my experience, do not let go of your dreams. Do whatever you need to in order to help provide for your baby. Like I said before, having a baby is not easy, but it is not impossible either. A baby is an amazing gift, and sometimes a lot of people are never fully prepared for a baby. But, best of luck to you and don't worry what anyone else thinks! :)
Being a teenage parent is going to be hard. You guys are going to have to start working. You guys are going to have to start sacraficing alot for this child. I am 17 pregnant, I don't only have the baby to worry about. Me and the father also have to deal with bills, food, anything that our child will need, insurance everything. Being a parent is not going to be fun. when you have a child the life you know is going to be gone. Does that mean your life is ruined no. It just means that your life is going to revolve around this little baby. This baby depends on you guys now even. Even though this baby is not born everything she does will have an effect on your child right now because her body is supplying all the things your child needs to grow. This isn't going to be an easy road, but if you do everything you need to for your child and you get to see your child grow, and be healthy and live a happy life. It will be worth it. Ps people are going to look down on you for this. It took me a while to accept that also. But you have to also look on there point of views on what the majority of teenage parents prove to them. All you can do is whats best for your child and don't let others put you down.
  • facial
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment